Hey Gustavo, thank you for sharing this valuable post : ) I really enjoyed reading it. The main messages I got out of this are:
- It’s easy to let other people’s expectations dictate our lives - and they do the same to us
- We don’t need to live like this
- Being more compassionate to ourselves will help us let go of our expectations of others
- Speaking up shows others that we don’t accept their expectations of us
- Not having expectations of others doesn’t mean we can’t aim high. It means we appreciate every moment, strive for greatness, while expecting the worst so we’re ok when it happens
Cheers for your insights!